Monday 16 June 2008

The tunnel!












ahhh the Tunnel.One decides to be an adventurer a tourist in my own city! and see about this magical tunnel @ Towerbrige just out side the queens hall., which connects to people on the other side of the world @ Brooklyn Bridge. After a hard day of work, good ole 9-5 i took it upon my self to make my journey. When I arrived a few people were hanging around.

Here i was being little naive me ,thinking it was free.... nope! you had to pay 100 pennies! yes indeed £1 to see this tunnel with a web cam and no sound, so I queued up waiting to put place my golden coin to receive a ticket, now doesn't this ticket dispenser remind you of the movie Big with Tom hanks?












I waited for a couple of seconds and tadaaa! I received my ticket!
















while I was waiting in the queue for my turn to wave at strangers I thought I would take pic of good ole Tower Bridge ( also known as London bridge to Fergie and other passive viewers of her video...tut tut)







After about ten minutes it was my turn and a bunch of other tourist to wave at Americans!!
















You really can't see it too well but this how it looked in the tunnel
















For a good minute I was there staring into the screen watching people stare back at me. But then we started playing paper, scissors, rock with one dude and another challenged me to a pop n lock contest! now if u didn't already know I'm a danceaholic so I challenged him back! then I looked around me & felt a little bit out of place ...one black girl getting her groove on with a bunch of tourist with cameras in hand ready to snap away and city people (you know the ones with the stiff upper lip) at this point I took it upon myself to simmer down for a hot minute, smiled and waved LOL!


As myself and the other visitors started to enjoy our London/New York connection, an old lady came by and started waving and the the cam froze! shock shock horror horror! was this fraud?! was this even real?? was this all recorded and made us think it was actually live!! I was going to demand my 100 pennies back but decided such force was not necessary, however I had fun and at least I can say I met a stranger @ Brooklyn Bridge without having to leave Tower Bridge!





I wanna give a shout out to my dearest East Coast/ New Yorkers.. firstly my Brooklynite LINKY POOHZ!! I love youu!! and SAMMUELZ/SIGHFUR the man with the magic beats, my word prophet/lyrical genius!! I love this man , his delivery, flow & off the dome-ness! check out his myspizzle to listen to his beats www.myspace.com/sighfur and also his other page www.myspace.com/purpleterrordactyle its hip hop in its most fun loving happy go lucky, meets off the rector scale subject matters with a whole bag of comedy and a dash of seriousness! I personally LOVE IT..but that's just me! go to his page already!







over and out!

1 comment:

-:|:-.Toya.Banks.-:|:- said...

Chinkerz.!!

This is Toya stopping by to leave a trace on your page..

I love those pics. They are so pretty. And the story of you playing rock,paper, scissors and dancing in the tunnel is too funny, lol.