Thursday 7 October 2010

Famlayyyy!

Last week friday I went to my friend's event, and while catching some air from all of that hard core dancing and talking to my loved ones it dawned upon me how far my group of friends have come.


Here I was at Hipsters Don't Dance (HDD) to the left of me was the sweat breakers Chonsak and Ibrahim who started a glorious nite called Ain't It Black(AIB), their motto was "don't pose just dance'This is where it all started. To the right of me was Rikki, one of the founders of Yo Mama and I can remember him handing out flyers outside Favela Chic at the AIB event with instructions on how to do the wu tang dance, for his night. Also there was Mani who now has his night called The Bang Bang. I was in awe, we are practically family with serious love for music , dancing and good vibes, the growth and the memories i will for ever cherish.


There was one point in my life where my friends would be embrassed of how I danced especially when uber AMPED, I didnt give a flying fart if ya didn't like my behaviour. In my mind, im at a club, its a good tune you are supposed to DANCE! From that point on I wanted to meet like minded people and in 2007 those like minded people were found! It was and still is a blessing!



This month Yo Mama will be 2 yers old! Hipsters Don't Dance will be celebrating their 1st birthday next month and if Ain't it Black was still rockin it will be Three years old in december!



so this blog post is dedicated to the ones who make me sweat out each once of energy from me on the dancefloor, rape a wall, stool or chair, made me bang on a wall while spittin some haard core lyrics and screaming "PULLLL UPPPP",break out into the spirit of Dutty whine like this.......


LOL! (Photo taken by Chonsak)

They go by the names of



Ain't it Black (Myspace.com/dontposejustdance) - This video pretty much sums up the EPIC Nights at AIB


< href="http://vimeo.com/2428333">

Yo Mama






Hipsters Don't Dance (myspace.com/hipstersdontdanceuk)





Ulyses





7oel









A massive Thank you



Love you all! Besos xx

No comments: