Wednesday 7 April 2010

.:Update:.

Peace and Blessings! I've been MIA for a brief period, living life, trying work a few things out. I 've gotta feeling something big is going to happen, I feel it in my bones!

I've got good news finally after months of looking at a blank note pad or word document,it seems that my writers block is making an exit! thus far I have written 1,000 words to be exact in 20 minutes! yes I'm on a roll! also I'm looking forward to my long overdue break! my dearest friend is going to get married and I will be there with my confetti and rice! not only that but myself and my sistren are gonna be doing pit stops at
SF


LA

DC

and NYC! Ohhh yeaaaa!!!

I need to know:
Where to go to eat *vegetarian*
Where to shop
Where to party and mingle!
Good fun things to do and see! If anybody has any suggestions please holla at me, it would be appreciated. I think I might go on a mini man hunt,ya know carry a poison pipe and a bow and arrow and take a man over my shoulder, yup I'm on my cave woman type ish ;) (I'm kidding,really)

As you know I'm a vegetarian, and this month marks my first year in vegetarianism! yay for me! I've been attending alot of healthy eating workshops and was able to go to a vegan cooking workshop and it is wonderful. There is so much things you can do with food!
I would like to share some of the things I have learnt because I think its beneficial for all to know, spread the love!

I learnt that each vegetable and fruit are used for specific organs, our bodies are complex and made up of different colours, the fruit and veg reflect that.
Now if you look at a fruit it should resemble and organ for an example if you look at a cashew nut it looks like a kidney. If you cut a red papper,apple,or tomato it resembles the heart ,cut a carrot or a kiwi fruit and it resembles the eyes. How AMAZING is that! You live and learn something new everyday.

Below is a recipe of a beautiful juice which benefits the whole body and nice perk up to your morning.You will need a good juicer to do this.

Green Juice/Liquid Sunshine

For the green juice aka liquid sunshine, you can basically Juice anything green. You can do variations with spinach, broccoli, parsley etc. as for portions go for what you feel. I dash whatever amounts into the juicer, taste and decide if I want more fruit in the juice. No need to peel the fruit/veg, wash and dash it all in the juicer

Cucumber
Celery
Kiwi
Apples
For an extra kick you could add a bit of ginger
I chose to use organic and fresh vegetables if possible. It is best to drink this first thing in the morning or you could have some warm water with lemon first to cleanse out your system from toxins and then drink the juice.

Breakfast shake
Blend a handful of cashew nuts
Organic Oat milk (you can use soya milk, quinoa milk, hazelnut milk but not cows milk or any animal milk. we are keeping it Au natural innit!)
Ripe Plantain half or whole or if you like a banana
A dash of oats
A couple of dates (with seeds taken out)
Dash of cinnamon and nutmeg
Vanilla extract (not essence)
The dates and plantain gives the milk shake the sweetness. In this shake is protein and if you are very active you can drink this throughout the day If you want it extra sweet you can use agave syrup.

And there you have it! An all natural raw breakfast.

Bon appetit.

~L~

No comments: