Monday 12 April 2010

It smells like..Spring!

This past weekend was pretty cool, the sun came out to play and when the sun is out you shed your many layers of winter clothing! it was only 18 c, we haven't seen the sun in a while and people are bound to get a likkle excited.Lets keep it real though, it is not pum pum shorts wearing season yet people! nahh not even my big toes was catching sun rays, the flip flops will come out when the temperature is 21 c and upwards!

Anyways I digress, I had a wonderful day, rolled up my jeans showed a some leg and put on my straw hat felt the cool breeze and enjoyed the atmosphere. I caught up with my cousin at Carnby street where there was performances by talented singers and dancers, hip hop b-girl dancers to be exact from B.Supreme!

I volunteered at B. supreme a few years back and to see these girls all grown up doing their stuff made me so happy and also made me realise how much I miss doing street dance. I'll get back to it eventually, life is too short. My cousin introduced me to her friends and they were the loveliest bunch of people! lively, full of jokes and fun and to top it all off they were all from a creative background! I felt inspired. You meet people for a reason but just hearing about what they do lifted up my spirits and reminded me to get on my grind. I will not live my life working in an office. NO MA'AM!

The day was so fun walking through Soho and convent Garden I had to take a Polaroid snap:


Good times,more to come! enjoy some Biz Markie spring time goodness!



~L~

No comments: