Tuesday 13 April 2010

I miss the 90's

Its true.I cannot get enough of that era for the simple fact that I grew up in it. These days I find myself during my lunch break going through youtube videos,looking at old skool rnb/new jack swing/ hip hop/cheesey pop/dance etc,having flashback moments. Today I got to thinking.. WHAT THE FUDGE HAPPENED TO R&B IN THE LAST DECADE??! I'm not even going to label whatever has been thrown out into the industry in the past 2-3 years as R&B its just something else, not R&B.
** side note; I will talk about some artist who have fallen off in another post**
I stumbled upon AZ YET listening to a song they covered titled "Hard to say I'm sorry". My goodness I forgot how GREAT they were, the harmonies,runs,rifts and sexual dark chocolate singer with the deep voice! I could of screamed at my work desk, absolutely beautiful! compare this to Trey songs for example its all about sex sex sex, wheres the love love love( & vocal range without trying to sound like R.Kelly's little brother)??

I love this video

Listen to the range of vocals!Did you hear that beautifully sung long note at 2:55 -3:07! did you hear the bass in that mans voice?! can I get a witness!!
This group is almost up there with Boyz II Men with their range & harmonies.


Talk about Harmonies,I am a harmony FIEND! There is one particular song that sticks out for me with killer harmony: For Real. a female Au natural group, they did a song titled: You don't know nothin back in 94 I believe, they used their voices as their only instrument and it was DOPE! This group is the little sister to En Vogue!



I also miss videos like this! Can't turn back the hands of time but for a little moment at least I have youtube to take me back to the 90's!

No comments: