Friday 5 February 2010

AVATAR!



I went and saw this movie with my homie at the Imax Cinema in 3D! it was on @ exactly 00:20! yes and it felt as if this was a bumpin Friday/Saturday night not an early Tuesday morning!



My eyes were burning with awe and pleasure!! I totally loved the realness of the animation/visual effects and I totally understood the story line! I couldn't see why people didn't get it!! There were many references made which made me think back to slavery/colonialism but the Na'Vi people in my eyes represented AFRICA! It screamed it by the braids,facial features and physique, even though they all looked alike certain features instantly made out as African.(blue is the new black didn't you know? lol) But in a nut shell it represents Africa, Iraq, Afghanistan! Any country who had been robbed for its natural beauty/resources :oil,Gold,Diamonds,Silver etc and will do anything to get what they want and damage its indigenous people.




What I connected to the most was deities, the spiritual aspect, the connection with mother nature which no man can break regardless of their man made power! I totally loved the 3D experience,was a bit upset I couldn't take the 3D glasses home:( but the in depth details within the Na'vi characters and visuals blew my mind, I believe I am going to watch that movie over and over again.Maybe I'll find an even more in depth message just like the Matrix(that's a big maybe). With the Matrix I can watch all of the sequels and receive a different message and a better overstanding...

But with Avatar I think I'm just fascinated with the visuals and details.All the research they must of done to craft these characters; from the tribal marks, head dress etc.

yup I'm still in awe

~L~

No comments: