Thursday 5 November 2009

Hmm..Space Fruit or Many Moons?

Many Moons...

Last night I was having a dilemma on where to go. You see I was super hyped when word got around that SA-RA would be performing @ Deviation and I was ready to go and have a Taz Arnold space fruit moment but then news got around that Janelle Monae was going to be performing at Cargo on the same nite! EEK!! I have been waiting and wanting this woman to come and perform over here for two years!I remember Janelle Monae looking like a cute lil doll in her cute afro minus a metropolis/cyborg uniform when I first heard her song "letting go" I was an instant fan.

For the whole day I was having a debate between me myself and I. As I made my way to go and see SA-RA I decided to take a little de-tour and walk past Cargo to see whats up and see if a sistah could sneak in for free(gotta try a ting sometimes!) as soon as my foot hit Cargo who do I see coming out of a taxi... a beautiful petite woman with a exquisite uniform and a major quiff hair style...It was Janelle Monae rolling with her crew(I'm thinking she was with deep cotton or jaspects..one of the two). YEA I WAS PRETTY MUCH STAR STRUCK. I have a problem with talking to artist or famous people, I just choke up but can easily talk to offenders and the general public! BLAH!

Anywho after walking past and actually seeing Janelle Monae I knew I had to go in and see her perform! I'm sure I'll get to see SA-RA once hit Cali or some place else.

She was amazing this chica is extra crazy,free spitited, animated o0o0 and so unique. She has the most off the wall but cute unique dance I ever seen! It was like watching a cute bunny rabbit bounce around really hard catching the holy spirit with a dash of moonwalking and James Browns foot work! freakin loved it! Loved her possessed wild energy plus her drummer was HELLA SEXY! oh and her guitarist was doing the bidnezz with the killa hair to match.

My girl has vocalz and can belt out some tunes,she sang songs from her Metropolis Suite I of IV: The Chase album and her new song "Come Alive" from her new album coming out in 2010 titled Metropolis Suites II & III .

Miss Monae she was singing and painting on stage, dancing so hard that her quiff was set free! dancing on the floor with baby powder, jumping into the crowd and throwing her painting to the crowd. Just out of this world! So animated! Check out the pics!
Oh yes can we get a James Brown cape moment please!Ain't nothing like being in the spirit of music while rolling on a baby powered floor! CHURCH!
JANELLE MONAE..... BEST EXPERICENCE EVER!
~L~ xx

No comments: