Sunday 7 December 2008

Its been a long time..

I shouldn't have left you.... without a good  blog to read through!
 
Hey Hey Hey!! It has been a minute !! I have been M.I.A for the past 3 months on this blog ting here!! so much to catch up on! so much to talk about!! but before I start back dating I gotta talk about the concert I went to last night!!.. THE ROOTS!! yess yess yess!!! I am so juiced, geeked and im crushing so damn hard on a certain band member;)

The concert was off the girdle! on another level!!..Live music for me fills that void in my soul and brings me back to life! It was such a fulfilling experience that majority of the night was a big blur in fast motion!













First of all Mr ?uestlove..LOVE HIM! after seeing him perform online, on tv, blogs on his myspace and okayplayer.com I finally got to see him live..and to see somebody in their own zone beating away on those drums!! my goshhh I loved it! it was beautiful and not only is he incredible on those drums and rocks the iconic afro so well he has got a BOOTY ON HIM!! yes...whoop there it is! that man is blessed in more ways than one!!....Mr Tuba Gooding Jnr aka Mr Damon Bryson the Sousaphonist!!! it was love at first note and dance step!! so so serious! I have never seen a man carry the tuba,play it and dance with it,run across the stage with it!! he had some serious energy!! plus he was deliciously handsome..ahem...im crushin hard..lol


Look at him Blow!!








As for Black Thought...what can I say im always in love with his vernacular,I appreciate and love his thoughts! he was  in his zone full of calm energy..he could stand there and do nothing and you could feel it!. The whole set was great and im still buzzin!



Bass player Owen "Oski" Love Biddle....when he did his solo he totally rocked my socks!! he gets the official La'Donna Stamp of approval of DOPENESS!



Guitarist/Saxophonist/ vocalist(captain Kirk Douglas...nudge me if im wrong)- DOPE!..AND THOSE SIDEBURNS o0o0o so PHRESH!


Kamal on keyboards---- ON POINT!


F.Knuckles also on the drums---- Makes me wanna play my Bongo's in the morning!



Seriously they are all that and sunday soul food dinner and krispy kremes COMBINED!




This was the first time I have been at a concert this big and the artist actually stay on stage signing shit!! 


Say what!!! 

yes indeed ,?uest,Tuba and F. Knuckles stayed on stage to sign whatever you gave em!!!

Although I couldn't get ?uestlove's autograph or his signed drumsticks (I did attempt a few times to try and jump for the signed drum stick..please see below ...)











But I did get my ticket signed by Mr Tuba Gooding Jnr himself!! ummmhmmm!!






Now I gotta give a big shout out to Mr Sterling because if it wasn't for him taking my ticket stretching his arm out the furthest for Tuba to see the ticket and sign it, I would not have been so extra geeked and crushing hard lol you can also check out Sterling's blog  Here 
I must say Sterling took it old skool! home boi had the ole polaroid camera!!


SERIOUS TINGS!!

He also had a fly scrap book had me in awe of all the pics he took, because he was so close to the stage and got some nice shots!! mine on the other hand are so so.. camera is kinda broken..i'll update ya all about that episode .


Anywho after the concert ?uest did a dj set and he is good had me going back and fourth down memory lane playing orginal songs and mixing it with the "remixed "version. That went on for about two hours then Ali Shaheed Muhammad from Tribe Called Quest came and did his thing but by that point it was almost 2am and a sistah was hungry lol I can't keep going on a empty stomach so myself my girly Ray Ray, Mr Ster Ster and Miss Rhas Journal headed off to eat...@ Sam's chicken..by the way they are not bad I rarely trust chicken shops in general. if chicken is too cheap I question if it actual chicken, but in the heat of a hungry stomach..I ate it regardless lol


So if you have never in your life been to The Roots concert.I strongly advise and recommend you purchase your tickets early and get to the concert!!

over and out!

~L~ xx

No comments: