Wednesday 5 March 2008

Lookout,Yarah Bravo and a Bagel.... 27/2/08.

Once again I came out to venture to the wonderful Favela Chic with my extended family, my partnas in legal crime Miss chocolate bear aka Shernay,my likkle mango aka Lady Glock and Mr Ishola!! it was packed when I arrived, well I was running on bpt( black peoples timing) but didnt miss out on the performances.

On stage Oddise(Hailing from D.C) Treklife & Ty was there blessing the stage as well as a singer who goes by the name of Oliver Day Soul who had the most hugable arms! what they was spittin was good, their lyrical content was on point,had me nodding my head but I was not feeling too well and decided to have a lil snooze and rest while sitting down lol
Anywho when that was all done they started playin music but I wasn't feelin it too much, it wasn't bumpin.....YET!... as we were about to leave they started playin some tunesss! I was going in and out that venue like I dont know what! and then we dediced to stay, there was one group of men dancing away@ the same time doin the wop, the cabbage patch the running man... in my mind I thought they were asking for a challenge lol.
So when the bashment went to sleep and the break beats came in ,myself and my likkle mango aka Dafna , Cousin Shernay and mr Ishola of course took to the dance floor feeding off each other vibez and my gurl Dafna was KILLING IT!! DATS MAH GURL! We did a lil sumthin sumthin then all of a sudden a circle began and Dafna and I was in the middle of it.... it got to the point where I was tired, Dafna and I were like ummm ya know ,you guys can jump in too we are not here for your entertainment! lol but one home boi was dyinggg to dance you could just see it in his eyes! that man took to the middle doin sum moves all dropped his phone to rass! But he didn’t care he kept going at it.. And for that, he gets props from me! I would of given him a moonman if I had one!!so at the end of all that I had to take out my life saver aka my lil red fan! it seriously was gettin hot!
So there I was trying to cool down and I look down and who do I see! Yarah Bravo and im like yo D is'nt that dat gurl from Oneself?, and she was like yeaaaa! it is her! Yarah is givin me a high five telling myself and Dafna we were hot, dancing real hard and all of that jazz, at that moment I thought to myself wow look@ that I need to find my camera right about now..time is of the essence! She continues to talk about her upcoming tour and how she wants a bunch of creative women,like myself and Dafna to come on stage and dance and stuff..HOLDDD UPPP! wait a minute, hold the press and the paparazzi.. you want us to dance on stage? for you??!!.... LETS MARINATE ON THAT FOR A MINUTE! wow, now that’s cute lol she asked me how long I have been dancing, im like mannnnnn a couple of hours LMAO naw im not a professional I just feel the music!
Anywho she said to myspace her and I did... but no reply so I thought just maybe she was a tad under the influence of alcohol ..ya know ppl say crazy shit when they drink lol...so we took sum pics and look her face so small and mines is so big and she gave me her lens-less specs to wear.. look..it doesn't even fit my face properly..awwww how cuteeeee!!

here's my Lady Glock and Yarah doin the b-girl pose! get em!

I was juss geeked lol

Myself and Ishola doin a b-girl/b-boy pose

HA! caught Mr Snappy Snap himself on CAMERA! gettt ittt camera boii!

and here is cous juss posin..wid a candycoated tee of course!
Mr Oliver Day Soul throwin up the ducces..Look at his huggable arms!


So@ the end of the nite we got a lil hungry and burger shop man wasn’t open so we decided to go to the bagel bar instead, making sum remixes, spoken word poetry and otha crazy shit you do when you are hungry and surrounded by wonderful people. As soon as we got our bagel it was silence and you know u are hungry when all you can hear is crickets lol and the sound of us munching ....this is what we do after a bagel in the early hours of thursday morning..chill on brick lane lol....o0o0o and as myself and Dafna decided to get the bus we found a red light...you know me.. I had to take a pic of course!

how cool does that look!..UBER COOL!


untill next time over and outttttt

~La'Donna~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MAAAN...LOOKING AT THESE PICTURES MAKES ME WANT TO RETURN TO ENGLAND SOOON!

IM PLANNING A TRIP TO EGYPT WITHIN THE NEXT 5 YEARS.