Wednesday 5 March 2008

ITunes London Live Sessions....25/2/08

So week before last I entered a itunes competition, thinking nothing of it,checked my e-mail a few days later and was greeted with a CONGRATULATIONS OF WINNING TWO TICKETS! yea I was ecstatic! so that proved me wrong with the whole you-never-win-these-kinda-competition conspiracy!

Anywho My cousin and I arrive@ Airstudios extra early because we didnt know where the studio was but we found it and decided to chillout@ Costa Coffee for a min ..I was so tempted to steal the lil costa cups they looked like the one you use to have when you were kids playing tea parties, but decided not to, coz for real not even my lil 3 year old sister would be satisfied with that itty bitty cup!

We arrive@ Airstudios at the correct time queing up, I felt so special when the guy@ the door asked for the tickets, Iwas like im on the LIST:d lol he found my name and let my cousin and I through we also got this lil iTunes card where you get to download 10 FREE SONGS....let me repeat that... FREEE! yea I was geeked up after that, freeness is my weakness after all lol



So we stand around for an hour waiting for the venue to fill out a bit and for the artist to come and bless the stage, It was small-ish and intimate...we met a few peeps we usually see@ yoyo's or plastic people had a good ole chitchat..first up on stage was Miss TAWIAH!Now if you haven't heard of this woman or heard her sing I suggest you go to her myspace ASAP! www.myspace.com/tawiah ,I loved her performance and all of her songs! she totally rocks my socks!her voice sooo soulful, so biritish, so o0o0o0o0o, and her lyrical content is jus o0o0o00o0o0o0o0o so on point! LOVE HER! and her guitarist Jodi such a cutie pie lol Vula was also on stage singing background vocalz..and her voice is juss woooooooo! off the girdle too!
TAWIAH HAS HER EP OUT TITLED IN JODI'S BEDROOM ITS ON ITUNES GET DAT GOOD STUFF ON YOUR IPODS! ASAP! IT IS ALL THAT AND A BOX OF KRISPY KREMES! Sing it Tawiah sing itttt!!






Next up was Mr Daniel Merriweather......this man..he had.my.heart! There he was sittin on a stool drinkin some special potion for his sore throat, and he was juss singing away!
Ozzie brotha man has got SOUL! and he was adorable, he has this lil curly fringe and I juss wanted to put one curl behind his ear and rub his cheeks! yes i was smittien! i was seduced by his voice and persona! ohhh and he can even whitsle a song the same way he SINGS! my Goodness this man is talented! I will await to purchase his album sometime in the summer, he sang a few songs he has been working on, now if my memory serves me correct he sang a song titled Red,Kill My Self, For Your Money and of course he sang Stop Me...acoustic styleee, Daniel and Tawiah also did a duet together on stage... beautiful..here are sum snap shots.














Last but not least Estelle came on stage with a hype vibe,she is a JOKER!. I can tell you I am looking forward to hearing her album..out on MARCH 31ST! the album is titled SHINE.. so make sure u get it! she had her two background singers. one male and one female.but the dude who was singing backround vocalz...he was so cute almost delicous just dancing away, bless him but the the dude who playing the keyboard mann he had a shiny caramel bald head wid a lil goatee.. he could pass as Common's 4th cousin on the left hand side! ahem excuse me I was goin a bit off topic.......ESTELLE...yea so she sang 1980, Wait a Min, Shine and American boy she also did a lil duet with Daniel on stage..again wonderful performance. o0o0o0o Estelle also got this asian dude to get on stage and dance with her the dude looked a lil shy but it was cute and a lil funny@ the same time lol, Estelle performance was the most livilest and she talked about how she came up with the songs and stuff.
I am proud of her,it took her a minute to be regognised and now I see her in pride magazine, hip hop connection and vibee WHATTTT! more power to you sistah gurl!











So at the end of the night I was pumped happy with my dose of feel good music! I had American boy stuck in my head and as I Looked around ready to head out I see yummy Reggie Yates to my Left and that dude wid the long Goatee who sang dat funky house tune...hey girll look ova ya shoulderrrr... yea you know tha one im talkin about!



Uber geeked?..indeed!
Group pic..blurry style!


o0o0o and Daniel Merriweather came out *sighs* and my cousin was like get a picture with him, but he was surrounded with other people and stuff, then I got extra shy and a lil star struck and said nahhhhh, but he did bump into me and he said sorry, I was like no worries but inside i was screamin like a lil school gurl who juss bumped into immature or ultimate kaos in concert lol There will be other times I will be able to see him and I will get dat photo!:D so I was singin american boy and stop me alll the way to Belize park station and on the tube and you best beleive when i got home I went bought my free..yess free song! I had to get Tawiah's song oh and she had a FREE single that week! I was uber geeked! yea that whole free songs thing was trick they knew you was gonna buy the songs you just heard on stage! clever little swines! LOL






over and out till next time!






~La'Donna~

No comments: