Monday 25 May 2009

six steps and three hours later.......

So have been slacking, I apologise but last nite pissed me off to the nth degree that I had to write about it. So I went over to Cargo to go to to Work it VS Living proof event. I have been to quite a few Living proof events at market place and overall they smashed it every time good vibes what have you Work it is aiight more of a hype thing but they played some good throw backs although i have only been to one of their events. So i expecting this nite to be a BLASTTTT! if only myself and my crew got in!
Heres the Story!

Event stated on Facebook starts at 9pm, I get there are 9:15 and there is a chokka bloc queue, so im meet my homie IB and he is near the front and the queuing process we moved about 6 steps forward within three hours. let me repeat that last part THREE HOURS! people are pushing into the line, some were even starting a line across the road and we were like wtf?? what is going on why is this taking so long?? the security were like oh its packed!..Excuse me? PACKED? how is it packed if it is suppose to start at 9pm, then they said, we had to be in line in order for us to get in then they some incident happened inside and now the event was closed! CLOSED! I was pissed i needed a revolution and a riot! a special shout out to the guys who had gorilla tacticks climbing over that high wall like professionals to get in..kudos to you my brothas!!

my feet were hurting not from dancing hard but from standing waiting to get in and quite frankly im not doing that ever again ..3hours you may say is alot, i guess I was holding on to hope of getting in an getting my dance on but in the words of my dearest friend Ibrahim:" im getting too old for this shit!! Cargo/livinproof/work it/management didn't handle this nite professionally at all! you will find me skanking at Ain't it Black, Yo mama and my living room with a bottle of ribena!!

However the night was not totally spoilt while we were figuring where else to go for free we followed music coming from around the corner got our lil skank on, chilled and made the best of the nite!

much love to my peoples! mwuahh xx

No comments: