Monday 9 February 2009

Silent Disco Baby!!

so on 6th of Feb i ventured out to Liverpool Street Station for the silent disco ting! (Silent disco-people meeting at one place,listening/dancing to their music on their phones/ipod/cd players)

Now for those of you who do not know..Hi my Name is La'Donna and I am a DANCEAHOLIC! I HAVE NO SHAME! I love every aspect of dance,the freedom of expression through your body and so when I saw this event on Facebook I was excited and down for the cause!!


I reached the station a good hour before the disco so I had time to roam! The experience was amazing! ever since the T-mobile commercial I wanted to try it..you haven't seen it? please see below....








Tell me that is just not the best commerical out there right now!! I've always wanted to burst out into song and dance in public spaces..well there has been a few ocassions while at a bus stop a song is too good to keep to myself I have sing quite low and bust out a two foot shuffle combo, but on Feb 6th at Liverpool Street Station this was my chance to do just that but with 13000 random strangers,listening to their own random music, rocking headphones and dancing in a public space!! Shout out to my buddies Sade Nick and Inie! we danced our little hearts out! had me changing 4 cd's in my cd player!
I have no eveidence of me documenting this moment, I had quite a few techincal difficulties
1. My camera offically died on me RIP BABY! 2005-2009 :(
2.My Fish eye Camera ran out of film( dammit I hate when that happens)
3. My Ipod is ofiically dead, oh and if you so happen to work for Apple or know somebody who would like to give me a discount just because they are loving giving people.. holla at ya GIRL! Credit crucnh!!
4.My CD player broke down 15 imutes before the dance off! I eneded up buying a new one for £24! Not kosher!

Anywho here are some video's I borrowed from Youtube



object width="425" height="344">







Yes we locked down the station and commiserations for all those who had a train to catch at 7 pm and didn't get on it till after 8! But this was for a good cause! The cause of FUN :D

Apparently the UK is getting obese so why not shed some pounds with a 15 minute work out with 13000 random people for free!Get that heart pumping ,aye and even become famous like the guy who got naked.. im sure he got arrested for that offence LOL

Silent Discos/Raves rocks my socks! We should do this more often!!

~L~xx

No comments: